We at Bay Colony Pediatrics have had the privilege of taking care of our community’s children in both sickness and in health for over 14 years. As the COVID19 pandemic escalates internationally and more parents grow worried about the health and well being of their children and families, we at Bay Colony Pediatrics want to reassure you that we will continue to provide healthcare to your children. However, we will be making the following changes to our business operations:
1. When you call us for an appointment, we will triage over the phone
This ensures that we can screen everyone for COVID19 symptoms over the phone. Anyone with concerning signs and symptoms will be directed to go to the emergency room, which has the equipment and staff to address a true COVID19 infection.
2. If you are not a candidate for the emergency room, we will decide if we can do a televisit
In order to maintain social distancing as advised by the CDC and WHO along with minimizing risk of exposure, our healthcare providers at BCP are prepared to assess and treat your child with our televisit capabilities.
3. If we cannot do a televisit, we will arrange an appointment time for you and your child to come to the office physically.
If you need to come to the office, we ask that you check in as normal. If there is a room available, we will place you immediately.
If a room is not available and your child is sick, we ask that you wait in your car until a room is available.
If a room is not available and your child is here for a well visit, we ask that you wait in the Well Side Waiting Room.
4. Once visit is over, we will send prescriptions.
If your child is receiving a prescription at Santa Fe Pharmacy and sick, we ask that you wait in your car until the prescription is ready.
If you child is waiting for prescriptions for a well visit, we ask that you wait in the Well Side Waiting Room.
5. We will maintain our well and sick spaces like we always have, including separate entrances, separate waiting areas, separate exam rooms, and even separate staff members for both halves of our clinic.
6. Regardless of whether your child is in a sick or well space at BCP, our staff will sanitize the entire exam room after each visit with appropriate cleaning agents that are FDA and Center for Disease Control (CDC) approved.
Bay Colony Pediatrics also endorses all of the recommendations made by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) on strategies to minimize COVID19 exposure:
· Wash your hands often. This should be done with soap and water for 20 seconds, especially after being in public, blowing your nose, coughing, sneezing!
· If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol!
· Avoid touching any part of your face!
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Cover your cough/sneeze with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow! Throw the used tissue in the trash and immediately wash your hands afterwards.
· Distance yourself socially from others. If you are feeling unwell, stay at home. Maintain a distance of 6 feet from others while in public. Try to work from home if possible. Cancel large social gatherings and use FaceTime/Skype to connect with family and friends.
For more tips, visit:
The Bay Colony Pediatrics team stands ready to assist you and your family. Thank you for your cooperation during these extraordinary and challenging times.